1. Upon making patient contact, you notice a large quantity of prescription bottles on the nightstand next to their bed. Which of the letters in the SAMPLE mnemonic is related to the observation?
2. What does the mnemonic OPQRST stand for?
3. All of the following are contraindications of oral glucose except:
4. A 73 year old female was in her backyard gardening when she collapsed to the ground. Her husband told 911 that "she is breathing very fast and will not talk to me." You arrive to find the woman lying on her side in the grass. She is breathing at 7 breaths per minute and her pulse is irregular and very thready. Her lungs also present with crackles upon auscultation As you are taking a blood pressure (88/66) the husband tells you that the woman has been having jaw pain and some weakness for approximately 3 days. What is the most likely cause of this woman's condition and how would you treat her?
5. Meningitis is:
6. Cellular respiration and cellular metabolism are best described as:
7. You arrive on scene to find a female patient actively having contractions every 10-12 minutes apart. A visual inspection of the patient reveals no visible crowning. Which stage of labor would you consider this patient to be in?
8. Which list includes only the "Five Rights" of medication administration?
9. Checking the brachial pulse should be done where on the body?
10. After the baby's head has delivered you should?
© Copyright 2006 - 2020 All Rights Reserved, EMT National Training - National Exams