1. You are intubating a 53 year old woman who is unconscious and has no gag reflex. Just after placing the tube and inflating the cuff you auscultate the epigastrum and lungs. You are unsure if tube placement is correct as there were conflicting sounds in the epigastrum. You should?
2. You are assessing an 84 year old man. Upon auscultation of the lungs you discover crackles or rale sounds. He is complaining of chest pain and congestion. These signs and symptoms can indicate?
3. You arrive on scene with your partner to a restaurant where a man was reported to be choking. You enter and find an unconscious cyanotic male on the floor. He is supine with BBQ sauce on his mouth and a napkin in his hand. What would you do for this patient?
4. If someone is having breathing problems as a result of atelectasis...
5. A child between 3-5 would have normal vitals if they were?
6. What are diuretics like Furosemide used for?
7. You arrive on scene to find a man in his 20's lying in a pool of vomit. You can see that he is breathing at about 16 breaths per minute and the depth of respiration is adequate. He has a small laceration on his forehead. You try getting a response by calling "Hey man can you hear me?" but he does not answer. Your partner gives him a quick sternal rub and his eyes pop open along with a whimper under his breath and then they close again. You ask him to perform several motor functions but he does not comply. He does not answer any of your questions. This man has a GCS of what?
8. You and your partner Duval arrive on scene to find a woman who has suffered a blunt trauma to the chest from a swing on a carnival ride. She is having difficulty breathing and upon auscultation you hear nothing on the right side. This woman likely has a______________________ and would be suffering from_____________________as the collapsed lung is incapable of oxygenating any blood.
9. You are intubating a female patient with assistance from your partner Rudy. After inserting the ET tube and inflating the cuff Rudy auscultates and finds breath sounds in the right lung only. This is a sign for you to?
10. Which of the following is false regarding the use of isoproterenol?
© Copyright 2006 - 2020 All Rights Reserved, EMT National Training - National Exams