1 reply to this topic

#1 JMoto

JMoto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

Hi there,
I've been looking for a way to take an EMT Basic course for over a year now.
I'm active duty military and go TDY (out of town) 7-10 days every month without fail.
Naturally every instructor won't let me take their course since I would miss too many hours of class.

I was looking into taking a 2 week boot camp but have heard many negative things. Most comments argue that you really can't learn enough in just 14 days. I completely agree but that has put me back to the drawing board.

Does anyone know of a 1 on 1 type EMT class? Since my schedule won't allow me to take a normal semester I can't figure out a way to get this class under my belt. I need an accredited program so I can utilize my GI Bill.

Any suggestions are welcome.
JC in NorCal

#2 ScottR

ScottR

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:48 AM

JC,

We are actually right in the process of starting this very thing! We are hoping to have an online class starting in January. You would do your classroom learning over a couple of months (two nights a week for a few hours). If you miss, no problem... they are all recorded and you can make it up when you get a chance. Then you would come up to our training facility in Idaho for 1 week of hands on. You would be tested for your NREMT skills at the end of the week and then could take your written test wherever you live through the PearsonVue facility that is closest to you. We would work with a local EMS agency or Hospital near you to get your patient contact/clinical time. We can also have you come up here for an extra few days before your practical week to meet your clinical time/patient contacts if you need. We will be launching the site in the near future. It will be http://www.emtfiretraining.com
send me an email at scott@emtfiretraining.com with your contact information and I will notifiy you as soon we have the sign up page ready. We will be posting on this website and in these Forums also, so just watch here as well.

Scott
FF/Paramedic