• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 radninja88

radninja88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 10:00 AM

So I was an EMT-IV for the state of TN. I'm going through retesting and now I'm using this site for practice.

Though I've signed up for the EMT-I testing questions and I'm realizing that there must be wayyyy more medications and interventions that an EMT-I would have than an EMT-IV.

In my state I'm limited to these medications:

Nitro
Epi 1:1000
ASA
Albuterol
D50
Activated Charcoal
Oral Glucose

Normal Saline
Lactated Ringer's

Though I'm taking these practice tests and they're questioning me about Intabations, Lidocane, and several paramedic type skills.

Does anyone know the difference?

#2 phillips914

phillips914

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

The only thing I can say about this issue is that the exam, especially national registry, is designed to test the whole nation. So it includes drugs and dosages that are "universal" everywhere. I know your testing for EMT-I, however, your instructor like my EMT-P instructor is given a list of medications and dosages in the NREMT coarse that should be taught. You have to study for the exam on their standards and forget protocol. This wont help your situation, but i hope it helped explain way you are see those drugs.

#3 ScottR

ScottR

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:08 PM

The intermediate level is the most confusing because there are 2 levels (well 3 if you count the new AEMT), currently in place at the national level, and then each state has created their own special blend of skills for that level. The new AEMT level is designed to help create more uniformity over the next 5 or 6 years as everyone transitions to that scope of practice. Are you testing for EMT I-85, AEMT, or I-99? Or are you only testing Intermediate on a state test? Post a support ticket on the help desk with your info and question and we can respond to you better that way.

ScottR

#4 jamiebuff

jamiebuff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

So I was an EMT-IV for the state of TN. I'm going through retesting and now I'm using this site for practice.

Though I've signed up for the EMT-I testing questions and I'm realizing that there must be wayyyy more medications and interventions that an EMT-I would have than an EMT-IV.

In my state I'm limited to these medications:

Nitro
Epi 1:1000
ASA
Albuterol
D50
Activated Charcoal
Oral Glucose

Normal Saline
Lactated Ringer's

Though I'm taking these practice tests and they're questioning me about Intabations, Lidocane, and several paramedic type skills.

Does anyone know the differenece

#5 jamiebuff

jamiebuff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:49 AM

we are using the king lt now in our area