• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 birdatwork

birdatwork

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:30 PM

I did well in my online intermediate class, but I didn't feel prepared for the NR. I signed up for EMT National Training...took 1,300 practice questions...and passed the NR on my first try.

The NR is nothing take lightly. It in my opinion is a very hard test. I donít really understand it because after I finished the NR for both my EMT-B and EMT-I, I walked out of there never feeling more stupid in my life. I think it is because the NR finds your knowledge level in every area via ramping the questions up to a level even more complex than you are expected to know. Iím used to taking test where Iím expected to know the answer to every question. When I run across these more complex questions Iím not sure about, I get frustrated. I think the best thing to do on these is to do process of elimination, take your best guess and donít let it fluster you. The NR does word questions in a different way. One question was about Narcan. I thought I knew everything there was to know about it. The way it asked it, I wasnít for sure.

My advice for others is take as many practice questions as you can. Read the graded questions and make sure you know which ones you got right (so that you can catalog it as correct in your mind) and read the rational on the ones you missed. Refer back to your book on subject matters that you donít think you know well enough.

Thanks EMT National Training!

#2 juleenrob

juleenrob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:09 PM

Congratulations on passing your exam. It is a tough test, but it needs to be. You gave some great advice. Thank you for sharing your National Registry story with us. We wish you luck.